Existing merchant account holders can login here.
By submitting, you confirm that:
- You have read and understood the Trade Account Terms and Conditions, the On-line Access Terms and Conditions and the Trading Terms and Conditions for A-Grip
- The information given by you when applying for this account is correct and we may rely upon it.
You are authorised to bind the account holder to this agreement.
- We reserve the right to decline applications and amend or withdraw credit accounts subject to status and/or company policy.
- We may undertake a search with Experian for the purposes of verifying your identity. To do so Experian may check the details supplied against any particulars on any data base (public or otherwise) to which Experian have access. Experian may also use your details in the future to assist other companies for verification purposes. A record of the search will be retained.
- I, the director, agree to guarantee performance of all the company’s current & future financial obligations to Trade UK including any subsequent increase/s in credit limit.
- You have read and understood the following condensed guide to the use of your personal and business information by ourselves and at Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies
- When you apply to us to open an account, this organisation will check the following records about you and your business partners
- Our own
- Personal and business records at credit reference agencies (CRAs). When CRAs receive a search from us they will place a search footprint on your business credit file that may be seen by other lenders. They supply to us both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit and fraud prevention information.
- Those at fraud prevention agencies (FPAs).
- If you are a director, we will seek confirmation, from credit reference agencies, that the residential address that you provide is the same as that shown on the restricted register of directors’ usual addresses at Companies House.
- We will make checks such as; assessing this application for credit and verifying identities to prevent and detect crime and money laundering. We may also make periodic searches at CRAs and FPAs to manage your account with us.
- Information on applications will be sent to CRAs and will be recorded by them, including information on your business and its proprietors and CRAs may create a record of the name and address of your business and its proprietors if there is not one already. Where you borrow from us, we will give details of your accounts and how you manage it/them to CRAs.
- If you borrow and do not repay in full and on time, CRAs will record the outstanding debt. This information may be supplied to other organisations by CRAs and FPAs to perform similar checks and to trace your whereabouts and recover debts that you owe. Records remain on file for 6 years after they are closed, whether settled by you or defaulted.
- If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect or identify fraud we will record this and may also pass this information to FPAs and other organisations involved in crime and fraud prevention.
- If you have borrowed from us and do not make payments that you owe us, we will trace your whereabouts and recover debts.
- We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
- Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.